Friday, October 8, 2010

Life is always a Choice

It seems forever since I wrote my first blog.  I tackled it with much trepidation and fear mingled in with the excitement of birthing something new and exciting in my life.  A new path of creativity!  Who me?  Yes, me!  Who knew?  Certainly not I, that I could even be remotely capable of writing anything  that may be of interest to anyone else.

And yet it was written, and then something happened.  I lost my balls!!  Yes, balls!  Where does that expression come from I wonder!! I physically wasn't born with them, and I don't very often play with them and yet they were lost!  In other words my dutch courage in stepping out into the world of creativity and being seen!  The Shadow Self appeared and did a number on me with the self-sabotage............yet again!  Tonight I feel brave enough to step out again and see where it leads me.  So thank you for your patience, kindness and compassion if you are reading this as I gently tread the keyboard back into action and watch the mysteriousness of words that transform as I tap away.

I learned to type when I was 14 years old, on some ancient Imperial typewriter.  They were heavy machines designed to require your fingers to tap each key with the weight of a heavyweight potato.  I learned to type very well though.  So much so, that my fingers used to type in my sleep.  My husband would often ask what was I typing in the night and who too!  Perhaps that was the equivalent of grinding my teeth, which people do due to stress.  At least what I typed was invisible to those who might have needed to hear it!! and saved my teeth in the meantime.

So life is always a choice? Yes.  Always a choice in how we react or let go.  On the weekends I work for a Spa as a massage therapist.  During the summer it was nice to take a break and go sit outside.  The area must have been surrounded in nature at one time, but is now the creation of the concrete jungle makers with the parking lots and breeze block buildings. As I sat on the little picnic bench enjoying my late breakfast I was aware of the beautiful Pine tree offering me shade from the brilliant blue skies.  To my left was the harshness of the buildings and concrete and to my right was the remains of a few trees and plants, some of which were herbs.  In this little bit of "forest" the animals came one by one to say "Hello."  The squirrel, a rabbit, a chipmunk, a pair of yellow finches.  It was all rather serene as nature usually is.  Behind me was the trash dumpster and I realised that metaphorically the "trash was behind me."

Two people came by, who must do this for a living, as they are here regularly, and they had a broom and dustpan each and they were sweeping and picking up bits of rubbish from the road and kerb.  Their tools were the ones with long handles so they didn't have to bend over but could save their backs and remain upright.  I also realised that the more you clean up your rubbish with the right tools, the easier it becomes and there is less of it.

So always a choice and I'm finding life a whole lot of fun by becoming aware, not always, but more than I used to, of the bigger picture all around us and how the Universe is always trying to get our attention and help us grow and learn.

For those who live in Michigan, I'm holding my last workshop for the year next Saturday 16th.  They're always a lot of fun and each one unfolds as they need to with everyone receiving something that they need at this time in their lives. Hope to see you there.

Self-Care Workshop

When       Saturday 16th October
Time         9.30am to 5pm
Location   Farmington, MI

With joyful Blessings
Sue
http://www.healingtouch4health.com

No comments:

Post a Comment